7.28.2010

Good Hair Day-New All Natural Concoction

Here is a shot from yesterday's twist out. My hair is beginning to take moisture better. It looks like there might still be signs of life somewhere in spite of all the roller sets, and Chi Flatiron/blow outs I've been subjecting my delicate locks to over the last 2 years.



Last night, I created a Honey & Olive Oil treatment that I left in for about 2 hours after doing my normal co-wash. This got a little messy so I wrapped my hair up in a towel which helped heat the treatment and better saturate my hair. After rinsing thoroughly I decided to try an Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) rinse to see if I could smooth out strands and close up the cuticles to lock in moisture. [A tip from  blogger : www.themoptopmaven.com and www.curlynikki.com] I was really skeptical about the ACV rinse and wasn't sure what it would do more than give of a pungent odor. I was pleasantly surprised to find that after the rinse my strands were noticeably more flexible, and bouncy. Dry, brittle ends-gone! For the twist out I didn't even need to add a curl butter or oil because my hair was still so nourished from the Olive Oil & Honey treatment! I then applied a bit of setting lotion to each section and wrapped with Flexirods.

My hair loves the Honey/Olive Oil mix and the ACV rinse worked really well. I will be adding these elements to my weekly hair regimen in the future.

No comments: