8.03.2010

Put Your [dreams, desires, wishes, fantasies, goals] On Paper

"If  you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it." -William Arthur Ward

Do you believe that words have power? 
What type of lifestyle do you want for your future? 

Can you see your self achieving all  your dreams? 
Do you speak about the things you want in your life? 

What can you do to make things happen in your life?
What are you doing to create the reality you want?


When I get off track and begin to feel discouraged about how fast I am moving towards my goals or whether I will achieve them at all I think about these questions. On an average day I really do believe that I am the captain of my destiny, and the master of my fate. I try to speak words of love and positivity because I understand that words along with thoughts will manifest in my life. I try to meditate regularly to center myself, envisioning and connecting with my true self, but there are times that I let fear in. 

I start to believe in, and almost accept, self doubt. There are times when, nearly suffocated by fear, and anxiety I literally loose touch with "my self." I forget about my connection to the infinite divine. My vision gets cloudy and I get stuck. 




These  are times when I need inspiration the most. Creativity and love can not exist where in the presence of fear. So, to get back on track I meditate. I write. I read. I try to focus on areas in my life where I can affect change now:
  • Career
  • Spiritual Growth
  • Educational Growth
  • Financial Stability
  • Maintainence of healthy relationships
  • Love
The small changes and solutions I make in the Now help not only to empower and rebuild confidence but also to re-energize my vision with passion and commitment.

The Alchemist, by Paulo Cuelho, which I've enjoyed reading a number of times, discusses a concept that I have for some time adopted as my own personal motto: When you decide and know what you want, all the universe conspires to help you achieve your destiny.

It's important to write about your vision, which sends out a higher level of commitment to the universe, and it's also important and helpful to have constant visual reminders of what are, for now, dreams. A Vision or Inspiration board is a simple, inexpensive way to create a place for your wishes, fantasies, desires, and goals to live, and grow. I've created one that I plan to, frame and place in an area of high visibility so I am conscious thoughts, words, and actions that are shaping my reality.

Here's what you'll need to create your Vision Board:

-Poster Board (size and color are based on your preference-if you plan on framing keep frame size in mind when choosing board)
-Scissors
-Elmors Glue
-10 (at least) magazines (different titles)
-Frame (optional)




 Next Step: Put your dreams on Paper!
Get creative about your vision. There are no rules for what it your vision board should look like. As long as it contains things that inspire to you and that you value it's perfect.



I made this one last weekend. I'll try to remember to get a final pic once I find the right frame.

No comments: