11.08.2010

WKND in Pics: WORK | EAT | SHOP

Hope you guys enjoyed your weekend! Here in the NYC area temps dipped to a chilling 40 degrees in the evenings, and from what I've experienced living in the Northeast, the cooler the temperatures, the more people want to shop!

I spent most of my weekend indoors-drafting, reading and designing. Despite the huge sacrifice and damper grad school has put on my social calendar I really am excited about the opportunities these new skill will bring. A friend of mine has already asked me to do the layout and floor plan for the new bathroom she plans to install. I thought I'd share a few pictures of projects I'm working on since design is a really large part of my life and something I'm very passionate about. Feel free to comment or ask questions!

Besides the epic homework session, I managed to sneak out for dinner at Sky Thai in Jersey City and do a little shopping at Nordstrom Rack and the Bloomingdales outlet in Paramus, NJ.

WORK

Floor Plans for the cooking school I'm designing from a space that was once a furniture showroom:



EAT 

Sky Thai in Jersey City has excellent Thai Food and they're located in the Paulus Hook area near the Hudson River so you can walk and view the skyline when the weather is nice. They're Thai Tea is one of their notable menu items. I had Drunken Noodles with Mok Duck or Seitan (vegan pretein) which I'd never eaten at restaurant before. Let's just say if I could have Seitan prepared like that all the time I could easily transition into Vegetarianism! In addition to the food, the space is well appointed with Asian inspired decor and a modern lounge feel.

Price: Affordable ($$) about $25/person 







SHOP 
A few Fall Tops from Nordstrom Rack and Loehmann's.



No comments: